The Knicks City Dancers Audition 2017-18
Time & Date: Sunday June 18th, 2017. Candidates should lineup no earlier than 9AM. Doors open at 10:30AM for registration. Doors close promptly at 11:00AM.
Where: Madison Square Garden Located between 31st and 33rd (Use 7th Ave. ENTRANCE)
- Must be 18 years of age or older by Sunday June 28th 2017. Bring photo ID.
- Versatile dancers with strong technical training in any or all of the following styles; Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre Ballroom, etc.
- Experienced technicians trained in executing choreography with precision.
- Dancers who exude a professional performance quality.
- Articulate, well-spoken, confident and educated women to represent the Knicks brand.
- Must wear form fitting dance attire, character shoes, and bring jazz shoes/sneakers.
- Polished hair and makeup.
- Headshots and resumes will be collected at callbacks.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND:
- Callbacks on Monday June 19th and Wednesday June 21st (evenings)
- Majority of New York Knicks home games during the 2017-18 season.
- Afternoon and evening rehearsals starting July 2017 through June 2018.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR AUDITIONS
- Learn on the court choreography performed by the 2016-17 Knicks Dance Team.
- Clinic instruction led by current Knicks City Dancers with different routines taught at each clinic.
- Q&A and receive feedback from current Knicks City Dancers, Captain and Coach.
- One of the clinic routines will be taught as the open call audition combo!
For more information visit nba.com/knicks