Universal Stage Productions Development LLC and Tara Rubin Casting is seeking Equity Singers for the cast ensemble and special chorus parts for Broadway’s October Sky.
Producer: Universal Theatrical Group
General Manager: Richards Climan Inc
Director and Choreographer: Rachel Rockwell
Book: Brian Hill and Aaron Thielen
Music and Lyrics: Michael Mahler
Musical Director: Charlie Alterman
Casting: Tara Rubin Casting
- Ike Bykovsky – 40s/50s – A sympathetic, fatherly Polish immigrant who clandestinely helps Homer and the boys manufacture rocket parts. Character baritone. OFFER OUT.
- Emily Sue – Seeking actors 18+. Emily Sue is 16. – Roy Lee’s on-again-off-again girlfriend. A harmless, small-town bad girl. Sweet as pie and about as bright. Alto, belt to B. OFFER OUT.
- Bathtub Amos – 30-50 – African American – The local moonshine manufacturer. Affable, warm, wildly entertaining and a shrewd businessman. Bari-tenor to G.
- Mr. Turner – 40s/50s – The high school principal with a company mandate to train girls to be housewives and boys to be miners. Character baritone.
- Earl – 30s/40s – Roy Lee’s stepfather. Character baritone.
- Female Ensemble Dancers – Characters are 20 s 50 s; all types, ethnicities and voices. Seeking singers who move well to play townspeople, high school faculty, students, etc. and an assortment of speaking roles throughout.
- Male Ensemble Dancers – Characters are 20 s 50 s; all types, ethnicities and voices. Seeking singers who move well to play townspeople, high school faculty, students, etc. and an assortment of speaking roles throughout.
Time & Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:00 AM for Female Dancers
August 30, 2017 10:00 AM for Female Singers ~AND~ 2:00 PM (same day) for Male Singers
Where: Pearl Studios NYC (500) 500 8th Avenue 4th floor for singers ~and~ 12th floor for dancers
New York, NY 10018-6504
Please prepare a song in the style of the show that shows vocal range. The score to October Sky pulls from Appalachian folk and bluegrass, Copeland-esque Americana, and later 50s rock and roll. An accompanist will be provided. Also interested in performers who can accompany self on folk/bluegrass instruments. Please bring a picture and resume, STAPLED TOGETHER.
Dancers for your audition, please dress comfortably and be prepared to move. You may be asked to stay and sing.