Production is currently underway on season 2 of the FX comedy-drama TV series, Atlanta. A casting call has gone out seeking various types to work on the series as paid background and featured talent. The critically acclaimed series was created by and stars Donald Glover, and has won two Golden Globe Awards one for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy and Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy for Glover and two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series making Glover the first black person to win an Emmy for the category of Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series.
The series follows Earn (Donald Glover) during his daily life in Atlanta, Georgia, as he tries to redeem himself in the eyes of his ex-girlfriend (the mother of his daughter), his parents, and his cousin, who raps under the stage name “Paper Boi”. Having dropped out of Princeton University, Earn has no money and no home, and so he alternates between staying with his parents and his girlfriend. Once he realizes that his cousin is on the verge of stardom, he desperately seeks to reconnect in order to improve his life and the life of his daughter, Lotti.
Two weeks after the series premiered on September 6, 2016, FX announced that Atlanta had been renewed for a second season that will air in 2018. Filming is taking place in Atlanta, GA of course. The casting director is currently seeking the following:
- POLICE OFFICERS – Seeking MALES and FEMALES of any ethnicity, ages 20s to early 40s, to portray police officers. Should be athletic/tough looking. Works 12/2. Please put “MIRANDA” in the email subject line.
- COLLEGE FRAT-PARTY TYPES – Seeking trendy, attractive Caucasian and African American MALES and FEMALES, ages 18 to early 30s to portray college students at a fraternity/sorority party. Works 12/2. Please put “RED SOLO CUP” in the email subject line.
- AIRPORT TRAVELERS – Seeking Men & Women who appear to be younger than 18 to appear as travelers at an international airport. Must be over the age of 18 but appear younger. Works 11/30. Please put “UNACCOMPANIED” in the email subject line.
- EURO-TYPE TRAVELERS – Seeking Men & Women who appear to be of EUROPEAN ethnicity, ages 18 to 50s, to portray travelers at an international airport. Works 12/5. Please put “JETSETTER” in the email subject line.
- COLLEGE NEIGHBORHOOD TYPES – Seeking Caucasian and African American MALES and FEMALES, ages 18 to early 30s to portray neighbors in a college community. Works 12/1. Please put “COLLEGIATE” in the email subject line.
- NEIGHBORHOOD “PASSING THRU” TYPES – Seeking MALES and FEMALES of any ethnicity, ages 18 to early 30s, to work with their cars. Please include your vehicle’s YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, and COLOR in your submission. Works 12/1. Please put “PASSING” in the email subject line.
- WAITRESS/BARTENDER – Seeking Female, any ethnicity, with bartending, waitress (particularly experience working at restaurants like Tilted Kilt, Hooters, etc.) or good service experience. Works 12/9. Please put “SPECIALTY WAITRESS” in the email subject line.
- FLIGHT ATTENDANT – Seeking Females, Age 18 to early 30’s, any ethnicity, to play flight attendant. Works 12/5. Please put “TAKE OFF” in email subject line.
- הבה נגילה – Seeking MALES of any age who either are authentic Hasidic Jews, or Jewish MALES that will allow us to turn them into Hasidic Jews. If you have Payot curls (hasidic tendrils) or long hair that can be styled as such, and a beard, please include pictures in your submission. שָׁלוֹם. Works 12/6. Please put “SHALOM” in the email subject line.
- MIDDLE EASTERN AIRLINE PASSENGERS – Seeking MALES and FEMALES, Ages 20-60, of Middle Eastern origin/ethnicity. Looking for anyone who is from or looks to be Afghan, Pakistani, Arabic, Egyptian, Indian, Iranian, Iraqi, etc. Also, if you have any of your own garb, let us know when you submit – turbans, vests, scarves, burqas, hijabs, etc. Works 11/30. Please put “MIDDLE EASTERN AIRLINES” in the email subject line.
If you would like to submit yourself or child for any for any of the above roles please email 3 pictures (face, chest up, full body) make sure they are clear and well-lit, your name, contact info, location, age, height and weight to: Submissions@CatrettCasting.com
Source: Rose Locke Casting