A casting call has gone out seeking background talent to work on the upcoming HBO Untitled Levinson Project, starring Al Pacino. Almost two years after HBO put a pause on its film about the Penn State football scandal, the project is moving forward with a green light and a new director. Barry Levinson is set to direct and executive produce the movie, reuniting with Pacino and HBO. The movie — currently going by the untitled Levinson Project — chronicles the fall of Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno, whose legend was undone by revelations he and others in the football program were aware that former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky was molesting children, and did little to stop it. The delay also allowed for more work on the script, which has been written by Debora Cahn, John C. Richards and David McKenna. After becoming the winningest coach in college football history, Joe Paterno is embroiled in Penn State’s Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal, challenging his legacy and forcing him to face questions of institutional failure on behalf of the victims.
Filming will take place this Summer in the NYC area this July through September 2017.
The casting director is currently seeking the following to work on the film:
- SAG-AFTRA/Non Union 9-13-yr old Blonde Caucasian Boys – Works 7/25, 8/17. Please put “FB BLONDE BOY” in email subject line.
- SAG-AFTRA/Non Union Women to portray Majorette – Works 8/2. *** MUST HAVE REAL MAJORETTE EXPERIENCE*** Give a brief detailed description of your Majorette experience in our email. Please put FB MAJORETTE in the email subject line.
- SAG-AFTRA/Non Union Women to portray College Marching Band Members – Works 8/2 *** MUST HAVE REAL MARCHING BAND EXPERIENCE*** Give a brief detailed description of your marching band experience in your email. Please put FB MARCHING BAND in the email subject line.
- SAG-AFTRA/NonUnion Men and Women to play college students.
- SAG-AFTRA/NonUnion Men to play college football players (please note skill level).
- FEATURED CHILD SIBLINGS (Caucasian, brown haired): 11 year old boy, 11 year old girl, and 9 year old girl. Tentatively scheduled shoot dates: 8/16, 8/17, 8/18, 8/24. *Please note in your email if your child has a valid NY Child Performer Work Permit. (The permit can be easily obtained the first time if your child doesn’t have one. If cast, they will walk you through the process.)
- FEATURED POOL SIBLINGS (Caucasian, brown haired): small 6 year old boy, 8 year old boy, 10 year old boy and girl, 13 year old girl; all must be able to swim and comfortable splashing each other in pool. Note: 8 year old boy must ok jumping in pool. Tentatively scheduled shoot date: 8/28. *Please note in your email if your child has a valid NY Child Performer Work Permit. (The permit can be easily obtained the first time if your child doesn’t have one. If cast, they will walk you through the process.)
If you fit any of the above description please email your name, union status (SAG-AFTRA or NonUnion), phone number, height, weight, and clothing sizes, and at least 2 or 3 current pictures/snapshots that shows you or your child’s current look to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the role for which you are submitting in the subject line of your email.
Source: Grant Wilfley Casting