A casting call has gone out seeking various types to work on the on the upcoming HBO political drama series Succession. Actor Will Ferrell and Adam McKay will executive produce the series. The series is described as the saga of the Roys, a fictional American global-media family that is not only rich and powerful but also powerfully dysfunctional. It will explore family loyalty, international business, and the perils of power in the 21st century. Jesse Armstrong will serve as showrunner, writer, and executive producer on the series, with McKay directing the pilot, which HBO ordered last year. Additional executive producers are Kevin Messick, Frank Rich, and Ilene S. Landress.
Filming will be taking place in and around the NYC area and is scheduled to begin the end of the October. The casting director is currently seeking the following to work on the series as background talent and/or featured extras roles:
- GALA STAFF – Seeking SAG-AFTRA/NONUNION Men and Women all ethnicities, Ages 18-99 years to play gala staff. Works Sunday 11/19, Monday 11/20, and Tuesday 11/21 in Manhattan. Tri-State locals only. Must have full availability for all 3 days. Please put “FB GALA STAFF” in the email subject line.
- UPSCALE GALA ATTENDEES – Seeking SAG-AFTRA/NONUNION talent ages 18-99 years to portray Upscale Gala Attendees. Tentatively shoots November 19th, 20th and 21st in NYC. Full day availability for all three days is required. Please put “Facebook Gala” in your email subject line.
If you fit the above description and are interested, and available, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following headline and current photos along with the appropriate email subject line title. Please also include the following info in the body:
– full name
– phone #
– union status
– open availability for Nov. 19-21
-what ID’s you could bring to fill out your I-9
-If you have worked on the show previously
– Include all of your sizes: (male – height, weight, jacket, neck/sleeve, waist x inseam, shoe; female – height, weight, dress, bust, waist, hip, shoe)
-if you own black tie/formal attire, and if so what kind
– Attach a few clear current candid photos of yourself/selfie so we can see your current look, preferably in your black tie/formal attire (ex. gowns, tuxedos, etc.)
Nonunion rate is $121/10. SAG-AFTRA rate applies to SAG-AFTRA members.
More casting announcements to be made shortly.
Source: Grant Wilfley Casting