True Colors Theatre Company in Atlanta is seeking Equity actor/singers for various roles in the musical Holla If You Hear Me, based on the American Musical inspired by the music and lyrics of Tupac Shakur. The music of one of the 20th century’s most influential and culturally prominent voices comes to life in this non-biographical musical about friendship, family, revenge, change and hope. ‘On my block we still pray’ is the heart of this moving original musical. Inner city lives struggle for peace against the daily challenges as we peak into a window of realities on the streets still relevant with issues our society faces today.
by Todd Kriedler
Music by Tupac Shakur
Kenny Leon – Director
Matthew Head – Musical Director
- John Caviness, 27 – Two strikes, fresh out of jail, self- taught cartoonist.
- Vertus Weston, 26 – Slings drugs, King of My Block.
- Brian Griffin, 23 – A white mechanic, plays acoustic guitar.
- Corrinne, 24 – Vertus’ girlfriend, works in a grocery store.
- Andres Weston, 47 – Vertus’ mother
- Nunn, 34 – One of Vertus’ two man crew.
- Benny, 19 – Vertus’ brother
- My Block Chorus – Array of men and women from the neighborhood among them: Old Lady – Living out of a bag, Street Preacher – On the corner with a bullhorn, Crazy Lady – Her belly with a baby
- Young Souljas – A group of friends all a year out of high school among them:Anthony,19 – Best friend of Vertus’ brother.
Darius, 20 – The other of Vertus’ two-man crew.
Time & Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: Southwest Arts Center 915 New Hope Rd SW Atlanta, GA 30331-7235
Men – prepare a Tupac rap/song. Women – Prepare an R&B soulful song. All Bring picture and resume