“Showtime at the Apollo” is back on FOX, hosted by Steve Harvey! Do YOU have what it takes to be the next Apollo legend? They are seeking a variety of acts, kids and adults like, dance groups, comedians and entertainers of all styles ages 5 and up! Those chosen from the audition will have the chance to perform and compete on the legendary stage during the Apollo Amateur Night at the world-famous Apollo Theater in New York.
Date: Sunday April 23rd 2017
Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: The Apollo Theater – 253 W. 125th St New York, NY 10027
- Apollo DOES NOT provide travel or hotel to New York City for Amateur Night contestants for auditions or performances.
- Each contestant will have up to ninety (90) seconds to audition.
- No band on site for audition.
- Singers can bring a CD, mp3 player or sing a cappella.
- Dancers should bring a CD or mp3 player for their performance.
- Do NOT bring CD’s in CD-RW format.
- Apollo will provide an 88 key-keyboard (Motif 8 – Semi-Weighted) for any auditioning musicians or accompanist.
- Apollo will provide a standard drum kit for any auditioning musicians.
- Any and all other instruments must be provided by auditioning musicians.
- Auditions should be in good taste with no profanity, including racial epithets or slurs (this includes the “N” word).
- Auditions are on a “first come, first served” basis and only the first 250 acts will be seen.
For more information visit apollotheatre.org
Please follow and like us: